Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Marietta Manufacturing site is a part of the Laboratory
Products Division within Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our laboratory
equipment products are used primarily by pharmaceutical companies
for drug discovery and development and by biotechnology companies
and universities for life science research to advance the
prevention and cure of diseases and enhance quality of life. Our
offering consists of equipment, accessories, and services for
sample preparation, storage and protection, and analysis.
How will you make an impact?
You will perform a wide variety of product assembly operations on
product components, assemblies or sub-assemblies to make essential
laboratory equipment and medical devices. You will work safely and
ensure best quality products within specified takt times. You will
engage with your colleagues to troubleshoot problems and drive
continuous improvement in the factory.
What will you do?
* Select appropriate components to align and assemble them in
proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts,
braces, tape, cement or solder to meet specifications.
* Apply wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical components
recognizing color codes to ensure that wiring and other color-coded
procedures meet guidelines. Read electrical wiring diagrams to
accomplish accurate assembly. Inspect parts during sub-assembly and
at key points to ensure the unit meets specified quality standards
prior to moving unit to the next workstation.
* Use a wide range of hand tools, including, but not limited to
drill, rivet gun, drill press.
* Utilize SAP system shared plant-wide to enters product related
data into computer system to track component serial numbers, scan
bar codes, production rates, track physical location, etc.
* Order and retrieve supplies/materials such as cardboard, bags,
warehouse items, etc., using paper and SAP documents.
* Troubleshoots work-related problems by applying knowledge and
experience toward resolution and taking appropriate steps for
* Test assembled units; clean and pack final product.
How will you get here?
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Experience Requirements: Minimum of one year of experience in
manufacturing, construction maintenance or industrial setting.
* Previous experience with multiple component manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work
* Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to
the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
* Computer and keyboarding.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Canton , Production Assembler, Professions , Marietta, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!