Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Provides or assists with basic direct patient care activities
under the supervision of an RN with technical skills specifically
identified on applicable skills checklists for which training and
competency have been established.Responsibilities:
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and
emotional conditions to RN.
- These include but are not limited to vital signs, weights,
assisting patients with personal care and activities of daily
living, patient transfers/transport, pulse oximetry, point of care
testing, application of external monitoring devises , and further
technical skills of phlebotomy, clean dressing changes, 12-lead
ECG's, and insertion of urinary Foley Catheters.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean & orderly.
- Demonstrates a positive, concerned and sensitive response in
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with patients and
- Ability to read, write and speak English and to follow oral and
- Ability to perform basic clinical mathematics.
- Competencies in both the professional, technical and clinical
knowledge domains must be demonstrated in a safe, effective and
- Maintains personal growth and development through the ongoing
process of formal and informal education.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma/GED.Certifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA)-required within new hire period.
- Nursing students required to have BLS prior to hire.Complexity
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Demonstrates proficiency in applied mathematics & reading
comprehension at an 8th grade level.
- One year of recent, full-time patient care experience.
- Additional education/training may substitute for some/all of
the stated experience (i.e. mental health experience).
- Nursing students who have recently completed a minimum of one
clinical rotation as part of an accredited nursing school program
may substitute the clinical rotation for the required
- Military experience as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic
(68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be
- Requires full body motion to move and lift patients, manual
finger dexterity with good eye-hand coordination; involves
extensive standing and walking.
- Medium Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force rarely, and/or
0 to 50 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Canton , clinical technician, Professions , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!