Sr. Manager, Maintenance
Location: North Jackson
Posted on: November 18, 2021
About: Macy--s is proudly America--s Department Store. There--s
a reason we--ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time
to join Macy--s. The face of retail is changing, and change
requires innovation. Online sales are booming at Macy--s. Our
Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern
retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores
- and each customer--s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition.
Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers.
When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package
the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as
possible -- across the country and around the world. It takes a lot
of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there
are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to):
material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers,
quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many
more. Whatever role you play -- we value you as a colleague. Choose
the challenge that--s right for you! Job Overview: The Senior
Manager, Maintenance and Engineering, under supervision of the
Facility Senior Director, is responsible for the facility and
building equipment. Perform other duties as assigned. Essential
- Maintain building and equipment in optimal, safe running
condition at the lowest possible cost
- Promotes and ensures safety of staff and all other building
- Train, develop and supervise Maintenance teams
- Develop and practice visionary goals that support operational
- Lead and develop internal technical support within the
- Maintain all MHE and PIT equipment within OEM safe operational
- Develop cost effective maintenance, energy consumption, and
operational improvements of facility and equipment.
- Lead and develop CMMS behaviors around Preventative Maintenance
- Develop and ensure analytical troubleshooting and root cause
analysis practices are followed.
- Purchase equipment, parts and contracted services.
- Work with outside regulatory agencies and consultants as
- Provide estimates of cost for major repairs and capital
- Prepare scope documents and solicit proposals for repair and
construction services from third party service providers.
- Budget Planning and management.
- Develop innovative cost effective ideas for improvement to
existing material handling systems and create optimal product
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Any other responsibilities management deems essential.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from 4-year college or university
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping
others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear,
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal
with them directly
- Prior distribution center experience
- Knowledge and experience with overall building operations and
maintenance of entire facility including MHE power equipment and
knowledge and understanding of PLC control systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for
extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus
adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other
- May involve moving or lifting items over 50 pounds. SUPPLY00
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility
except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement:
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a
monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but
not limited to the size of the facility and the number of
colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for
testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same
workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent
extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be
completed within 24 hours of notification. Candidates in Colorado:
Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits .
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range Candidates in
Nevada: Click here for Pay Range
Keywords: Macy--s, Canton , Sr. Manager, Maintenance, Professions , North Jackson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!