Parts Counter Salesperson- Canton, OH.
Company: Hill International Trucks
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Parts Counter Salesperson- Marietta, OH.Marietta,
OHDescriptionHill International Trucks, the Tri-State areas largest
medium- and heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, is currently
looking for a full-time Parts Counter Salesperson. The primary
responsibility of this role is to sell parts to all customers, over
the counter, through the shop or on the phone.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required
parts in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials,
and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are
ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the
- Provides high level of service to internal and external
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials
that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an
emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special
ordered parts have been received.
- Notifies the body shop when all parts have arrived and when
they will be delivered.
- Pulls orders for delivery to body shop, making sure all parts
are tagged with customer names and job number.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to
vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on
service repair order.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original
invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing
can be verified.
- Issues and tracks requested shop tools to technicians.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance
estimates, and special order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
- Participates in all training programs that are made
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales
- Maintains professional appearance.QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in an automotive, heavy-duty truck or tractor
parts sales role.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, twisting
- Lifting up to 80 lbsBENEFITS
- Excellent pay (Salary + Bonuses)
- Medical, Dental, & Prescription Drug coverage
- Paid training
- Regular performance reviews
- Management opportunitiesPI464b0410567f-31181-32960696
Keywords: Hill International Trucks, Canton , Parts Counter Salesperson- Canton, OH., Other , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!