Packaging Machine Operator
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job DescriptionThe Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for
setting up and operating assigned packaging machines and
statistical scales to pack the optimum number of quality packages
of product. A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has
been making the very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic
Lay's--, Cheetos--, and Doritos-- are just a few of the products
that you would help us produce in one of our manufacturing
facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this
job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent
company, PepsiCo.As a Full-Time team member, you would work between
40 and 50 hours per week and overtime may be required. We set
industry standards in terms of pay and benefits. We also offer
unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision,
retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company
contribution, vacation days and much more. As a Packaging Machine
Operator, you can expect to be working on your feet the entirety of
your shift near heavy machinery in a loud manufacturing
environment. Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are also large.
While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control
the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are
impacted by seasons and the weather.After training (a process that
can last 8 to 16 weeks), here is a list of the more frequent tasks
you could expect to perform:
- You will set-up and operate multiple packaging machines to
ensure accurate code dates, weights, and that products are put into
- You will check that products are dated and sealed with a
minimum amount of wasted product and supplies.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that products to be
packed remain clean.
- You will maintain a clean and safe work area. Safety is
- You will perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging
machines such as cleaning or switching out knives and blades,
pull-belts, tape machines, or rollers, depending on the need.
- You will wear protective gear when using chemicals to clean and
sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another.
- You will inspect conveyors and scales prior to line start-ups &
- You will troubleshoot commonplace problems and make operational
adjustments. Packaging Machine Operators work with every product
that Frito-Lay produces, which means you should consider the
potential allergens we work with: dairy, wheat, soy, garlic, salt,
and particular oils (e.g. sunflower). You should also keep in mind
that we make popular spicy snacks, like Flamin' Hot
Cheetos--.Please take a moment to ensure that you meet the minimum
requirements for this position:
- You are at least 18 years of age or older
- You will be required to work on some weekends, holidays as well
as off shift
- You are mechanically inclined and can think that way. Having at
least 1 year of machine operator experience in a high-speed
manufacturing environment would be a good indicator to our hiring
- It's a physical job: you are able to lift 50 lbs from floor to
waist (e.g. a twin-size mattress) with or without a reasonable
- You have basic math skills and can read and write in
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch
for extended periods with or without a reasonable
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle
products with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or
lifts to access areas of the plant People often ask what kind of
characteristics will make them successful in this position. Do you
think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here is an
idea of what our managers are looking for:
- Good Communicator: you will be interacting with various
co-workers, from junior employees to leadership.
- Problem Solving: our business depends on us keeping packaging
machines operating. You tackle commonplace mechanical issues with
machinery and quickly come up with a "plan B" when needed, such as
during a changeover or starting a new line.
- Efficient: you prioritize tasks while multitasking. For
example, you might be changing film on one line as a second line
breaks down; meanwhile, a packer is shutting off a line which will
require your attention; it is at this point when a manager
approaches you and asks how things are going.
- Leadership: we trust you to help make sure that everything is
going smoothly. You will coach packers and processing operators by
providing courteous support and feedback.
- Tech Savvy: Frito-Lay is an industry leader when it comes to
smart automated technology and tracking production and inventory.
Having a comfort level learning new technology will help you thrive
in our performance based culture.
- High Integrity: mistakes can lead to food safety and regulatory
issues which is why all Frito-Lay employees are forthcoming and
transparent about mistakes. Does this sound like you? Join nearly
55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard
to bring you the snacks you love and submit your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or
disability status. PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female
/ Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation /
Gender Identity Our Company will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other
applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police
Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the
Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. If you'd like more information
about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please
download the available & documents. View Please view our
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Canton , Packaging Machine Operator, Other , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!