Company: McWane, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
McWane Ductile is hiring Electrical Engineers in Coshocton, OH.
We have multiple positions open, and we are seeking entry-level AND
Sign-On Bonus / Relocation Assistance Offered!
McWane Ductile, a division of McWane Inc., has been an industry
leader in the manufacture of water distribution and infrastructure
products since 1921. With three U.S. foundries, McWane Ductile
offers superior service while supplying Ductile iron pipe across
North America and beyond, all while maintaining an unwavering
commitment to safety and quality. Through continued innovation, it
is our goal to meet the customer needs and industry demands of the
future in order to Build Iron Strong Utilities for Generations.
The Electrical Engineer evaluates, develops, designs, and
implements electrical systems and facilities. Provides engineering
support to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems. Works
closely with Area Managers on process improvements and equipment
reliability. Oversees the work of vendors and contractors. Utilizes
AutoCAD Electrical design software and equipment to perform
engineering tasks. Knowledgeable in low and medium voltage power
systems, hard wire control circuits, Allen Bradley programmable
logic controllers, PLCs and HMI, RSView and ABB Robot Programming
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical
Engineering Technology required
- Entry Level to 3 years engineering experience OR 3+ years
engineering experience in an industrial manufacturing setting OR
equivalent combination of related post graduate education and/or
experience (we have multiple positions open for multiple levels of
- ABB Robot programming experience a plus
- Siemens PLC and HMI programming experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, MS Office programs and
applications for word processing, email, database management and
- Proficient with AutoCAD Electrical
- Ability to problem-solve through various industry techniques
such as root cause analysis.
- Knowledgeable in low and medium voltage power systems, hard
wire control circuits and programming Allen Bradley PLCs and
- High degree of conceptual and analytical thinking is
- ABB Robot programming experience a plus and Siemens PLC and HMI
programming experience a plus.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and encourage
and motivate people to take ownership and pride of their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include those listed below.
Other duties may be assigned. This position is a full time (minimum
40 hours per week) on-site position. We are not offering remote or
hybrid work at this time.
- Supports production as the technical lead for operating and
maintaining plant equipment in assigned areas.
- Manages the design of machinery, plans, and develops projects,
tests, modifies and creates solutions to technical problems.
- Responsible for design and upgrades to both new and existing
- Responsible for design and upgrades to the electrical system
within the facility.
- Able to design and draft electrical circuits, wiring diagrams,
and panel layouts
- Able to design control reliable safety circuits and
- Work with Vendor to maintain up to date Arc Flash program.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software in
performance of daily tasks.
- Direct and coordinate the operation, maintenance, and repair of
equipment and systems.
- Knowledge in low and medium voltage AC and DC power
- Knowledge of equipment control circuits and a working knowledge
of Allen Bradley PLCs and HMIs.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of attention to detail with demonstrated accuracy
- Works within approved budget.
- Ability to organize, develop, prioritize, and manage multiple
- Strong understanding of Federal and State safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills tactful, respectful,
professional that reacts well under pressure.
- Improves work methods and procedures to eliminate operating
problems and improve product quality.
- Works with Maintenance to resolve problems.
- Works within budget constraints.
- Observes all Company, housekeeping, safety and plant policies
- Has strong written, oral, communication and facilitation
- Fosters a focus of continuous improvement.
- Keeps Engineering Manager informed of problems and important
matters as they arise.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be mechanically inclined. Ability to problem-solve through
various industry techniques such as root cause analysis.
Knowledgeable in low and medium voltage power systems, hard wire
control circuits and programming Allen Bradley PLCs and RSView.
High degree of conceptual and analytical thinking is required. ABB
Robot programming experience a plus and Siemens PLC and HMI
programming experience a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The
employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold. The employee
is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or
caustic chemicals, electrical shock and vibration. The noise level
in the work environment is usually very loud.
We realize that a diverse workforce is a strong workforce. By
valuing individual differences and recruiting team members with
diverse backgrounds and skills, regardless of race, gender or
ethnicity, McWane employs the industrys most knowledgeable people
in the areas of production, manufacturing and management. By
leveraging our team members' insights and experiences throughout
our organization, we better serve our customers and create
innovation in markets where our products are used.
Keywords: McWane, Inc., Canton , Electronics Engineer, Other , Sugarcreek, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!