School Staff Nurse
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
School Health - FloatRichland Wayne CountySchool Hours While School
Is In Session
The School Staff Nurse is responsible for the provision of school
health services to the student population serviced.
1. Provides school health services as directed by department and
2. Provides the clinical care necessary within the department,
including routine, special needs, and emergency first aide.
3. Maintains appropriate student health records and documents
4. Participates in the educational efforts of the department and
5. Communicates effectively with management, parents/guardians,
school authorities, and allied personnel.
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with
departmental/school/State and Federal, and Human Resource policies,
procedures and guidelines.
8. Other duties as required. -Other information:
1. Experience in a school setting is preferred.
2. Experience in pediatric nursing is preferred.
3. Experience working within a multidisciplinary team is preferred.
Minimum of one year experience in healthcare is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
is required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required.
2. Certification: BLS certification is required. Registered Nurse
licensure is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 1 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None. -Part Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: SCHOOL HEALTH
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Canton , School Staff Nurse, Other , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!