PLC Controls Engineer
Company: Miller Weldmaster Corp
Posted on: November 23, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Controls Engineers at Miller Weldmaster
program automated machinery using programmable logic controllers
(PLC) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI). There responsible to
write and install PLC / HMI applications, test the efficacy of the
installed application, possibly install completed machine onsite,
service legacy machines in the field or remote. DUTIES AND
- Domestic & International traveling to customer locations.
- Meeting with customers and the mechanical engineering team to
discuss mechanical or electrical automation needs.
- Using a variety of automation software to write PLC / HMI
- Ie: Allen Bradley PLCs (Rockwell Micro800, 500,5000, Studio),
Horner, Panasonic, Schneider Electric & Allen Bradley VFDs
- Developing and installing machine programs using automation
software and custom coding languages.
- Determining machine automation test criteria before the final
- Testing automated systems for efficiency, safety, and
- Troubleshooting system errors and faults in the system.
- Assist with internal queries on existing equipment and
- Work with other engineering staff to outline programming
standards and requirements
- Performs complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing,
implementation, and support of software
- Performs reviews of complex customers' standards specification
and other documentation to determine software engineering
- Overseeing the successful installation of PLC programs.
- Reading and interpreting the logical flow diagram.
- Explaining to the customers and engineers how electrical
- Preparing documents to instruct the users how to use the device
and other safety instructions.
- Working in coordination with Engineering and Production
- Documenting development processes.
- Providing customers with technical support via onsite or
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, mechanical
engineering, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
- Exceptional logic reasoning abilities.
- Ability to take multiple data points for requirements and
condense the various requirements into a solution
- Excellent ability to work under no supervision.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Extensive knowledge of PLC programming languages such as ladder
logic, sequential function charts, etc
- A keen eye for details for accuracy.
- Understand and support all GMPs, safety, and environmental
- Individual will use their technical knowledge and experience to
assure the efficient operation of variety of automated processing
and information technology systems and will lead in installing and
placing new equipment into operations
- PLC technical certification.
- At least 3 - 5 years' experience as a PLC programmer.
- Electrical and mechanical engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and mechanical
- Knowledge of software design principals.
- Experience in AutoCAD Electrical, Vault.
- Detailed knowledge of PLC automation software and coding
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid Driver's Licenses.
- Ability to travel up to 30% as needed. May include
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
- priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal
instructions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand & walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 100
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts The above is
intended to describe the general content of and requirements for
the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical
requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. PI193418167
Keywords: Miller Weldmaster Corp, Canton , PLC Controls Engineer, Other , Navarre, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!