Company: Miller Weldmaster Corp
Posted on: August 7, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Painter EMPLOYER: Miller Weldmaster
DEPARTMENT: Production REPORTS TO: Adam Seifert, Team Leader
EFFECTIVE DATE: 7/22/2022 SUMMARY: As a spray painter, you will be
responsible for filling, smoothing, and repairing each product's
surface, mixing the coating liquids, and spraying each layer
according to specifications. You may also be required to paint
decorative designs using stencils. To ensure success as a spray
painter, you should have excellent hand-eye coordination, good
knowledge of paint mixing techniques, and strong attention to
detail. A top-class spray painter should be able to produce even,
hard-wearing coatings that exactly match the colors and finishes
Spray painters are responsible for spraying machines, products, and
work areas with decorative or protective paint using a spray gun.
Spray painters prepare all surfaces before spraying, select and mix
the coating liquids, and expertly spray each layer to ensure an
even coating. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Removing rust and other loose materials using acid or a wire
- This position requires quality paint work, the applicant must
be able to properly mix paint chemicals and quality check their
- Filling, sanding, and smoothing surfaces that need to be
- Applying masking tape and coverings over areas that are not
- Selecting and mixing the required coating liquids.
- Selecting and attaching the correct spray nozzle to create the
desired spray pattern.
- Spraying machines, products, and wall areas using industry
- Spraying designs using stencils, if required.
- Cleaning spray cans, nozzles, and other spraying equipment
after each spray job.
- Inspecting and assessing spray coatings after the paint has
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience working as a spray painter.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- In-depth knowledge of paint mixing and spraying
- Ability to see subtle color differences.
- Experience with breathing masks and protective clothing.
- Ability to work with acid and harsh chemicals. COMPETENCIES:
- Problem Solving --Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Oral Communication-- Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication-- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
- Teamwork-- Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Ethics-- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments;
Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically;
Upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking-- Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external
threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing
- Judgment-- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism-- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality-- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality-- Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK
- The ability to utilize a ladder for an extended period of
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Must be able to climb a ladder
- This position requires the operation of a forklift.
- Continually utilize visual acuity to analyze the paint, quality
check the painting of the machines and accurate mix paint
- Ability to stand throughout the work shift.
- Required to lift/push/carry items of 100 pounds or more
- Work near moving mechanical parts The above is intended to
describe the general content of and requirements for the
performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Miller Weldmaster Corp, Canton , Painter, Other , Navarre, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!