Posted on: August 1, 2022
About KerryKerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition
company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every
day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more
sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across
the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner,
creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry
offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while
providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global
About the roleThe Quality Assurance Supervisor reports to the
Quality Assurance Manager. The position directs quality assurance
personnel while maintaining a close rapport with production and the
Quality staff to identify and ultimately prevent problems affecting
quality. This is a key position within the Quality Team providing
expertise and support to the Operations department and factory
Management staff, fostering a cross departmental quality and
compliance mind-set. The QA Supervisor will work with other members
of the QA team to investigate product nonconformance's, customer
complaints, operational issues, conduct root cause analysis and
implement corrective actions with verification follow-up. Position
is also responsible for the development, training and coordination
of schedules for the QA technicians.
What would you do?
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager with maintenance of BRC
accreditation requirements, maintenance and implementation of
quality systems, special projects, reports and training needs.
- Assures product conformance to specifications and regulatory
requirements by conducting systematic reviews of quality and
production records within SAP.
- Working within Intelex to review and complete non conformances,
customer complaints, doc review, safety/quality observations, audit
- Position is back up department leader in absence of QA
- Coordinates with production the monitoring of processes and
procedures to ensure effectiveness and continuous improvement
- Uses Root Cause Analysis for the investigation of customer
complaints and quality related losses. Troubleshoots using product
tests and product specification measurements.
- Maintains laboratory SOP and product specification reference
documents to ensure QA staff is following current versions.
- Is a primary driver for continuous system improvement, actively
investigates non conformances, collects data, and develops
corrective actions and implements solutions to improve
- Manage all activities with finished goods holds, packaging
material holds and raw ingredient holds.
- Responsible for laboratory equipment calibration program,
assures accuracy and validity of records for laboratory and plant
- Responsible for the oversight of customer sample programs,
assures collection, assembly and shipment of samples and
- Oversight of incoming raw material inspection programs,
monitors results to assure conformance to specifications.
- Coach and Mentor staff, supervise day to day operations of
What will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or Biology
preferred, Associate's degree acceptable with at least three years
microbiology or laboratory science and supervisory experience in a
Quality department required.
- 2-3 years' experience in a food or beverage manufacturing
environment with previous quality systems experience, prefer GFSI
- Strong commitment to quality and process improvement.
- Solid technical skills particularly in the area of laboratory
and quality management.
- Strong mathematical aptitude for potential statistical process
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and MS Office programs.
Experience with SAP preferred.
- Ability to communicate findings and provide solutions verbally
and in report format
- Must have excellent verbal communications and problem
- Ability to work within time constraints and complete tasks
within specified timeframes or by deadlines.
- Attention to detail with excellent written and oral
- Self-motivated and team orientated.
- High level of integrity, model for the rest of the
- Must be committed to continuing education and development.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally
authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer
of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a
background investigation and drug screen. EEO is the Law poster can
be found here. Additional information can also be here.
Keywords: Kerry, Canton , Quality Supervisor, Other , Byesville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!