Company: Precision Castparts Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality,
low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its
customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E.
Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Acts as an agent of the company in the purchase of low value or
repetitively purchased supplies, materials, equipment and services
as directed by the Buyer and Purchasing Manager. Ensures effective
communication with vendors and company departmental users to
achieve the right quality, at the right time and at the right
* Resolve discrepancies on invoicing, receiving and pricing
* Follow-up on overdue purchase orders and expedite critical
* Input purchase orders into the SyteLine computer system.
* Initiate and compile packing slips and debit memos.
* Compile and issue monthly reports as required.
* Maintain Purchasing files.
* Compile and issue "request for quotes" as required.
* Compose correspondence, documents, forms, etc as required.
* Update Quality Control manuals, Purchasing Specifications and
Purchasing policies and procedures.
* Place small value purchase orders as required.
* Assist with inventory management of critical supply store
* Minimum of three years' experience in Purchasing activities or a
* Capable of handling multiple tasks at once with a minimum of
* Accurate data entry and word processing skills. Proficient at
Word and Excel, proficient and/or willing to learn Syteline.
* Extensive knowledge of organizational skills and office
* Good interpersonal and communication skills with plant personnel
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corporation, Canton , Purchasing Assistant, Other , Minerva, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!