Apprentice Meat Cutter + $500 New Hire Bonus
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Our Meat Cutter Apprentices ensure that our guests are receiving
the best and most delicious products, presented according to their
requirements. In addition to providing unparalleled guest service
and supporting the Meat Lead, you'll make sure that our offerings
and services promote guest loyalty, and growth and success for the
store. As a member of our Meat Team, your primary responsibility
will be to cut meat and other products for sale and ensure our
customers are provided with the freshest product possible. You’ll
create and sustain an exemplary customer service atmosphere to
build lifelong relationship by focusing on understanding and
exceeding customer needs. To thrive in this position, you should be
a team player. You know that you are only successful when those
around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an
amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and
have the ability to inspire those around you.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in the field or related
- Education Required: No High School diploma
- Education Preferred: High School diploma or
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and
convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team
Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why
we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless
career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values
are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the
Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas.
From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our
Corporate home office we are working together to put food on
shopper’s tables’ and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching
for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you
to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with
- Learn to cut meat to be sold to customers by taking the product
out of the cooler and cutting meat into smaller sizes to be
packaged for sale.
- Learn to make ground meat by putting coarse ground into grinder
then traying meat.
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of special orders
to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by
- Learn all aspects of code dating.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Wrap and maintain meat case.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guest
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of
internal and external customers at all times, and abide by the
Company's Guiding Principles, Common Purposes, and Service
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the
department and ensuring their orders are filled to meet their
expectations. Meat Team Members are also expected to make
suggestions to our customers to enhance their shopping
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food
knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Learn and retain current all work methods put in place.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor and
sanitation to insure a clean and safe work environment.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which
embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members,
Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Canton , Apprentice Meat Cutter + $500 New Hire Bonus, Other , Dover, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!