Sr Electrical Engineer
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: October 13, 2021
At Trane Technologies™and through our
businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative
climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We're a team
that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful
possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others
and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly
This Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for unit
electrical system designs for Trane Commercial HVAC products.?
Responsibilities include main unit control panel and auxiliary
control panel design and layout.? Additional responsibilities
include selection and qualification of electrical and
electro-mechanical power components, electrical wiring,
transformers, circuit breakers, contactors, overloads, variable
frequency drives, solid state starters and wye-delta starters.?
This position will generate unit electrical designs, control panel
prototypes, test documentation and reports along with product
documentation necessary to release unit designs to production.
?Further equipment responsibilities also include integrating the
following types of pre-engineered devices into the unit design: low
voltage sensors, wireless and wired interconnection devices, and
Trane developed HVAC control electronics.
- Become familiar with Trane Commercial Chillers,
Rooftops, and Air Handler products.
- Develop control box layout designs, wire harness
routing and transformer load calculations.
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers, lab
technicians and other team members.
- Develop and lead product design projects, supervise
product validation testing, drive to root cause for quality and
reliability issues, interpret technical agency standards and
conduct projects in accordance with standard engineering
- Develop and/or update Trane electrical purchased part
engineering drawings and standards.
- Both domestic and international travel may be
required.? Estimated travel is 15%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or
Electrical Engineering Technology and 5-7 years of electrical
engineering or product design experience is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is
- Strong interest in HVAC applications and operating
conditions for refrigeration equipment.
- Knowledge of the appropriate product safety and design
standards; including but not limited to UL/CSA 1995, UL508, UL508A,
National Electric Code, ANSI Z21.47, ASHRAE 90.1,
- Basic experience with 3D-CAD applications such
as ProE is a plus but not required.
- Able to function as a team member on cross-functional
product engineering teams, and deliver on select design
elements for projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills –
ability to communicate up, down, and across the
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand and
organize information necessary to make engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer;
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status,
disability,status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Canton , Sr Electrical Engineer, Other , Marietta, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!