Posted on: September 16, 2021
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring
constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical
procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and
initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic
This position is also
eligible for a generous sign-on bonus!
$6,000 sign-on bonus available
Candidates hired into a sign-on bonus eligible role will be asked
to make a two-year work commitment.
- 1. Performs computed tomography procedures utilizing
established scan protocols, including contrast administration
without requiring constant supervision.
- 3. Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition,
analysis, reconstruction and documentation of image data and
completes procedures according to protocol.
- 9. Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are
properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are
properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and
all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- 5. Administers PO, rectal and IV contrast per physician
orders/department policy and assess patients for potential risk
factors prior to the administration of the contrast media required
for the imaging procedure.
- 7. Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to
patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to
help allay the patient?s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- 2. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require
independent judgement to adjust protocols, and initiative to apply
prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic CT
- 6. Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients
and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening,
dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the
department and all other departments to expedite patient care
- 8. Identifies all patients properly by using two patient
identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing
procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders,
applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the
acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record
- 4. Demonstrates proper technique in venipuncture; demonstrates
proper use of power injector according to set protocols set by
department and/or manufacturer.
Graduate of an ARRT approved school
of Radiologic Technology or completion of accredited CNMT
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
ARRT certified as a Radiologic Technologist is required or
certified by a CNMT program.Must obtain CT Board Certification
within 12 months of hire date.CPR or BLS RequiredCPR required based
on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills
demonstration componentwithin 30 days of hire
- ARRT Certificate
- ARRT Certificate OR Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Canton , CT Technologist, Other , Farrell, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!