Posted on: September 16, 2021
UPMC Horizon - Shenango Valley is
hiring a Flex Full Time Diagnostic Technologist to join the team in
the Imaging Department. This position will be rotating shifts
including weekend and holiday work. This position will
primarily be based out of UPMC Horison - Shenango Valley with
occassional travel to UPMC - Horizon Greenville.
This position is also
eligible for a generous sign-on bonus!
$6,000 sign-on bonus available
Candidates hired into a sign-on bonus eligible role will be asked
to make a two-year work commitment.
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring
constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical
procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and
initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnostic
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient
identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing
procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders,
applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the
acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record
- Administers PO and rectal contrast per physician
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are
properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are
properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and
all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs diagnostic radiography procedures utilizing
established protocols/procedures without requiring constant
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition,
analysis, manipulation and documentation of image data and
completes procedures according to protocol.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients
and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening,
dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the
department and all other departments to expedite patient care
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require
independent judgement to adjust protocols and shows initiative to
apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to
patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to
help allay the patient?s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Performs limited CT procedures
- Provide constant patient observations without
distractionsPatient remains in direct eyesight of care attendant at
all timesNotify nurse of any noted behavior changes or changes in
Graduate of an ARRT approved school
of Radiologic Technology or verification from ARRT approved school
of completion of program and scheduled graduation date.
Technologists hired before graduation will have indirect
supervision by an ARRT certified diagnostic technologist until the
degree is verified.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
ARRT Registry eligible as a Radiologic Technologist. Must obtain
radiography registry within 12 months of hire date. CPR or BLS
RequiredCPR required based on AHA standards that include both a
didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of
Employee must obtain required CPR/ACLS/PALS/NRP certifications
within 1 year of hire/transfer
- ARRT Certificate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Canton , Diagnostic Technologist, Other , Farrell, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!