Posted on: June 10, 2021
Novelis (formally known as Aleris) in Uhrichsville is seeking a
world-class Reliability Engineer to support our 24/7 aluminum
melting and rolling operations. The primary role of the Reliability
Engineer is to ensure the Reliability of our manufacturing
- Stabilizing the performance of physical assets
- Defining and setting standards for the proper management and
care of assets and installations
- Ensuring optimum levels of availability at the lowest total
cost of ownership.
This individual will also be a primary source of education to
the workforce in the discipline of Reliability. The Reliability
Engineer will interact with all functions in the facility and at
all levels to ensure that Reliability of the assets is considered
whenever decisions are made.
We are looking for a collaborative team player with initiative
to own and drive reliability in alignment. A successful candidate
will be self-directed and will have the ability to communicate with
team members at all levels.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
In the performance of his/her responsibilities, the Reliability
Engineer provides expertise and leadership in the following
- Develop and implement a reliability roadmap for the
- Manage the hopper of improvement activities in support of the
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure activities relating
to the master plan are completed and sustained.Equipment
Specification and Design
- Act as the Reliability representative on all new equipment
projects and equipment modifications to ensure that full life cycle
costing, reliability and maintainability are considered as part of
any designsDevelop and maintain plant specifications that are to be
used in the design of new and modified assets.
Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Own the preventive and predictive maintenance system
- Develop and refine of the preventive/predictive maintenance
program in a systematic, professional manner coordinating all
efforts with equipment custodians and maintenance management to
ensure the program is properly approved and endorsed by both
- Interact with operators, tradespeople, planners, supervisors
and engineers on a regular basis to ensure the effectiveness of the
PM / PdM system.
- Provide administration, control, and analysis of all data,
records, and equipment histories to continually review and refine
- Coordinate and provide training on PdM techniques for selected
maintenance personnel on the following topics:Vibration
analysisThermal Imaging (Thermography)Oil analysis
Asset Management Strategy
- Asset Functional Description
- Functional Analysis
- Asset Record Summary
- Criticality Analysis
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Capacity Plan
- Equipment Maintenance Plan (EMP)
- Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Technical References and Drawings
- Engineering Project documentation.
Analysis of Equipment Performance
Reliability Reporting and Communication
- Develop and define the Key Performance Indicators for
Reliability for the facility
- Provide coaching to members of the organization in the area of
- Identify and provide for extended education needs such as
workshops, classes, lectures, discussion groups, etc.
- Previous experience managing site projects, implementation of
new initiatives, facilitation of major TPM events, and coordination
of multiple work groups toward a common goal.
- Ability to maintain a professional and working relationship
with plant personnel
- Comprehensive understanding of the concepts of Reliability
Excellence; solid understanding of the principles and tools applied
in the management of change.
- Must have the ability to influence others at all levels of the
- Must be objective oriented and able to apply initiative and
creativity to the resolution of any issues that may arise.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and site Maximo
- Must possess strong administrative and communication
- Work experience in multiple disciplines, such as Maintenance
and Engineering or Engineering and Operations, is highly
Opened in 1985, Novelis in Uhrichsville employs more than 370
people, making us one of Tuscarawas County's largest employers. The
facility produces rolled aluminum sheet for building and
construction, transportation and consumer durable applications.
Centrally located near Canton, Columbus, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland,
the area is known for abundant outdoor activities with easy access
to cultural centers and professional sport events.
Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key
competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and
conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring
placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of
absence compensation and training are without regard to race color
religion age sex national origin disability status genetics
protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or
expression or any other characteristic protected by federal
provincial or local laws.
Keywords: Novelis, Canton , Reliability Engineer, Other , Uhrichsville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!