Senior SQL / .NET Developer
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Company DescriptionIntelligent compliance. Sustainable progress.
A safer world. At 3E we help our clients ensure safety, compliance
and sustainability. We provide actionable intelligence and
solutions that empower safer, more sustainable products and
business processes.Job DescriptionVerisk 3E is looking for a
experienced SQL / .NET Developer to join the engineering team in
Canton, OH. This is a hybrid role with in office and remote
flexibility.Overview Of JobBecome a member of a small agile
development team. The team is responsible for developing
enterprise-wide applications to allow customers to comply with
global environmental health and safety regulations. The developer
contributes primarily through programming expertise but is expected
to be an integral part of all team activities. Additionally, the
developer is expected to work with developers from other
development teams to ensure continuity and leveragability of
architecture and design.
- SQL development of functions and stored procedures using SQL
Server and Oracle
- .NET (Windows Forms and WPF with REST APIs) development using
- Perform testing on applications that are developed including
the development of repeatable unit tests to ensure that the code
continues to function as expected over time.
- Create, review, and update processes as needed to ensure that
the development process is as efficient as possible.
- Create required technical and user documentation as needed to
ensure that developed functionality is well understood. Communicate
and collaborate with other departments to ensure proper deployment
of standard and custom functionality.
- Follow the SCRUM practices and collaborate and work effectively
as a team to complete all development tasks.
- Follow well-defined development processes to ensure the proper
deployment of developed functionality into the expected
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge
base and proficiencies. Shares acquired skills with team members
through formal and informal channels.
- Mentor junior developers and pass on additional knowledge and
experience allowing them to contribute more to the
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's degree (or foreign
equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related
technical field preferred.
- 5 years of experience developing commercial software
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft .NET Technologies for
Desktop and Web development. Docker a plus.
- Demonstrated work experience with enterprise level relational
database management systems such as Aurora, Oracle, SQL Server, or
equivalent SQL experience required.
- Experience refactoring applications a plus.
- Ability to use common development tools for Application
Lifecycle Management and Source Control such as JIRA, GIT,
ReSharper, and Azure DevOps.
- Positive attitude with strong written and oral communication
- Culture builderAdditional InformationFor more than 30 years the
world's leading companies have trusted 3E to provide the
intelligent compliance solutions they need to ensure safety and
sustainability-one product, one workplace and one community at a
time. Our unmatched Environmental, Health, Safety and
Sustainability (EHS&S) and product compliance expertise
empowers our clients to improve chemical and workplace safety,
product safety and stewardship, supply chain transparency and
R&D decision support.We are deeply committed to serving our
more than 5,000 customers worldwide, including nine of the world's
top ten chemical manufacturers, eight of the world's top ten
retailers and seven of the world's top ten pharmaceutical
companies.Together we are building a safer world and a more
sustainable future. Join us!In March 2022, New Mountain Capital and
Endicott Capital acquired our business from Verisk, kicking off the
next phase of growth in our 30-year history. Backed by the support
and expertise of New Mountain and Endicott, we are now perfectly
positioned to grow our business to better serve our valued
customers and partners. To learn more, visit www.3eco.com.3E is an
equal opportunity employerConsumer Privacy NoticeAt Verisk 3E, the
health and safety of our people is our number one priority.
Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all
prospective hires for office-based roles or roles that support any
of our businesses' government contracts will be required to
demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by
their start date or qualify for a legally-required medical or
religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a
condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate
that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start
date, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical
or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for
employment and their offers of employment will be immediately
rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.
Keywords: 3E, Canton , Senior SQL / .NET Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!