Company: Mohican Lodge
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary: If cooking is your passion, we need
you today! Bring your culinary skills and join our team as a
Executive Chef, where you can dazzle our guests with your high
standards of quality through presentation, preparation, and cooking
abilities. Directly responsible for strategy, direction and
oversight of all back of the house operations, food served in all
food outlets as well as the employee dining area. Responsible for
all kitchen functions to include budgeting, scheduling, inventory,
menu development and banquet functions.Benefits
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Hotel Room Discounts
- Ongoing Training and Career DevelopmentResponsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the quality, safety and consistency of
all food preparation throughout the lodge; ensures proper food
quality, food cost and balance of menu items is maintained. Prepare
budget, in coordination with the GM and Controller, based on
developing accurate daily forecast of meals to be served.
- Comply with all company financial goals including but not
limited to food cost and labor percentage on a monthly and yearly
- Verify schedule prior to distribution and ensure labor
percentages are on target on a daily basis.
- Manage the food purchasing process, monthly inventory and high
value inventory control.
- Comply with established practices of purchasing from Company
- Develop and maintain accurate recipes.
- Hold staff accountable for following and maintaining correct
ingredients and portion sizes.
- Develop property dining room and banquet menus including
appropriate prices in order to meet food cost.
- Develop new menus items and specials to include cost sheets for
- Ensure proper training and staff development is being achieved
and employees are working to their full potential.
- Oversee daily operations of the Kitchen and assist with other
areas in Food and Beverage as necessary.
- Conduct monthly department meetings and administers the Company
established monthly training topic to all Kitchen employees.
- Ensure employees in the Kitchen are trained to properly prepare
food according to established guidelines, and maintain Kitchen area
using established sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure all kitchen employees are following all standards set
forth through ServSafe Food Handlers or ServSafe Manager
- Develop, implement and maintain a HACCP program for the
- Maintain a good working relationship with the County Health
- Develop and establish production methods to ensure consistency
in food production to meet menu specifications Communicate with
management and employees to accomplish company and Food and
Beverage goals, solve problems, and build a strong team.
- Stay current in the culinary field to include food trends in
order to anticipate guest's requests.
- Prepare and oversees the preparation of special meals for VIP
- Process timekeeping for kitchen staff to ensure accurate
payment and keeps records of attendance.
- Participate in the Manager On Duty shift schedule as required.
- 2 years previously demonstrated management experience with a
staff of 8 or more.
- Associates or Bachelor degree from an accredited Culinary
Academy or Institute preferred.
- Current ServSafe Certification
- Experience in menu development, food production records,
scheduling employees and inventory/cost controls required.
- Previously demonstrated experience in food preparation and
production in a full service kitchen. (Both Dining Room and Banquet
- Availability to work nights, weekends, holidays depending on
business needsAbout Us: At Regency Hotel Management, hospitality is
who we are—and what we do best. Since 1965, we've been leaders in
driving maximum profit while creating asset value for clients. Our
team of hotel management experts provides thoughtful, hands-on
guidance inspired by years of professional experience. Our teams
across our multiple locations are always growing, and we're looking
for motivated individuals to join us!We are an equal opportunity
employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Mohican Lodge, Canton , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Loudonville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!