Pharmacy Manager - Operations at Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Company: Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Posted on: November 15, 2019
Cleveland Clinic Akron General is a 532-bed adult, tertiary care,
Level I Trauma center that has been serving the healthcare and
wellness needs of Akron and the surrounding communities for over
100 years. Additionally, Cleveland Clinic Akron General has
regional referral centers in Cardiology, Cancer, and Orthopedics.
As a major teaching hospital, Cleveland Clinic Akron General trains
future physicians and pharmacists through 14 high-quality medical
and pharmacy residency programs. Cleveland Clinic Akron General was
nationally ranked in one adult specialty and identified as one of
the 2019-2020 “Best Hospitals” in Ohio by U.S. News & World Report.
The Department of Pharmacy at Cleveland Clinic Akron General
employs more than 80 pharmacists, residents, pharmacy interns,
technicians, and other support personnel whose primary goal is to
provide excellent patient care. The pharmacy provides services at
Cleveland Clinic Akron General, the McDowell Cancer Center, the
Visiting Nurse Services Hospice Care Center, an Ambulatory Care
Center, Lodi Community Hospital, Edwin Shaw Rehabilitation
Hospital, and three free standing emergency departments and
infusion centers. Patient care areas at Cleveland Clinic Akron
General are served by a central pharmacy and satellites in the
coronary care unit, medical and surgical intensive care units, and
operating room. Distributive services are supported by Swisslog
PillPick® and BoxPicker® automated packing, storage, and dispensing
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Pharmacy, the
Manager, Pharmacy Operations is responsible for directing the daily
activities of the Pharmacy to ensure safe and efficient operation
of the department.
- Supervises activities of the Pharmacy personnel and oversees
daily pharmaceutical care services and/or dispensing and/or
distribution operations of the department.
- Assists in planning and implementing new and revised
- Manages professional and/or technical support personnel within
their scope of responsibilities including hiring, training,
evaluating, disciplinary action, and scheduling.
- Prepares and reviews various management reports to make
- Responsible for identifying the need for and development of all
policies necessary to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of
medication use practices and medications.
- Maintains appropriate quality control and quality assurance
- Oversees and participates in orienting and training of new
personnel relative to clinical and/or operational issues.
- Supervises maintenance of required departmental records
according to regulations.
- Assists with preparation of capital and operating budgets;
administers budgets to attain objectives as assigned.
- Attends continuing education programs to remain abreast of
current pharmacy practices and to maintain licensure.
- Performs duties of other Pharmacy managers as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
CONTACT Michael R. Hoying, RPh, MS Director of Pharmacy Cleveland
Clinic Akron General Department of Pharmacy 1 Akron General Ave.,
Akron, Ohio 44307 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Canton , Pharmacy Manager - Operations at Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Healthcare , Akron, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!