PSR II Medical Assistant - $2,000 Sign on bonus offered
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
About Akron Children's Hospital Akron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org. OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason Prior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement. We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
thrive. Full-time, 40 hours/weekly 8:30am-5:00pm Onsite $2,000 Sign
on bonus [taxable] available Summary:
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) II - Medical Assistant
provides a series of duties and responsibilities.
1. Provide for the smooth running of the office by setting and
revising priorities based on workload and anticipating needs and
deadlines. Responsible for the overall appearance of the
2. Develops and maintains positive relationships with patients and
families via prompt and caring response to questions, requests.
Greet patients and patient families in a polite and respectful
3. Able to prioritize and execute specific care for assigned
patients in a timely and efficient manner under the direction of a
4. Prepares patients for examination; takes and records vital
signs; performs phlebotomy as needed; administers medications as
directed by the physician according to policy and procedure.
Accurately collects, processes and submits laboratory
5. Accurately communicates patient findings and pertinent
information utilizing appropriate communication and documentation
process (e.g. SBAR) and report patient complaints and/or signs of
distress/pain promptly to the nurse responsible for the
6. Maintain appointment calendars for physicians and schedule
patient visits or other diagnostic testing utilizing hospital
procedures and resources.
7. Perform point-of-service activities such as visit preparation,
co-payment collection and patient tracking.
8. Follow through on routine tasks and general office duties (i.e.,
faxing, copying, filing, mailings, promptly returning phone calls,
etc.). Cleans and prepares exam rooms.
9. Documentation of care within the EPIC system will be completed
in a precise, accurate manner abiding by established guidelines for
10. Follows policies and procedures in the delivery of care to
ensure a safe environment for patients, families and other staff
11. Completes all assignments during scheduled working hours.
12. Other duties as required.
- Experience in phlebotomy is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in medical terminology is
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
or similar software is required.
- Experience working in electronic medical record (i.e. EPIC) or
similar software is preferred.
-Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Program, or EMT
Program, or Paramedic Program required or must be a Medical
Assistant with certification.
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) training from the
American Heart Association is required;
- Phlebotomy certification is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum one (1) year of
experience is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None. Full Time FTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Canton , PSR II Medical Assistant - $2,000 Sign on bonus offered, Healthcare , Marietta, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!