Staff Nurse Perry Pediatrics
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Part Time (40 per 2 week pay period), Days, Primarily 8:30am to 5pm
with Sat a.m. rotation
Summary:Provides nursing care and staff guidance for clinical
issues, under the direction of the physicians at the site.
1. Supports the provider staff and actively promotes efficient
operation and quality care, and legendary customer service for
pediatric patients using a team approach.
2. Responsible for precepting new employees and acts as a mentor to
the clinical staff.
3. Provides patient assessment as required
4. Participates in the development education for all staff members
for clinically related issues.
5. Assesses clinical competency and participates in the evaluation
process of the clinical staff, both at 90 days and annual
6. Works routinely with patients and their families as an advocate
for health maintenance of children and promotes a positive public
image in all interactions with families, vendors, and the general
7. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
8. Provides consultations and requests consults as directed and in
accordance with hospital bylaws. Assists with and facilitates
9. Other duties as required. -Technical Expertise
1. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and
motivation to other staff members with emphasis on working as a
collaborative team to provide quality service to patients and their
2. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are
3. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication
skills are required.
4. Strong organizational skills are required.
5. Ability to work well under pressure to prioritize and complete
required tasks and responsibilities in a timely and accurate
6. Experience working with various levels within an organization is
7. Experience in pediatric ambulatory care is preferred.
8. Strong computer skills with experience working in Microsoft
Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or similar software is
9. Experience with an electronic medical record system (i.e. EPIC)
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required.
Candidates hired without a BSN must obtain the degree within 5
years from date of hire.
2. Current certification in Basic Life Support training from the
American Heart Association is required.
3. Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Ohio is
4. Years of relevant experience: Minimum 2 years of experience is
5. Years of experience supervising: None. -Part Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Canton , Staff Nurse Perry Pediatrics, Healthcare , Brewster, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!