School Medical Assistant- Float
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
PRN -Float -30 Mile Radius -6 shifts a monthSummary:The School
Medical Assistant provides school health services as directed by
the School Health Services, Clinical Coordinator (Registered Nurse)
to the student population serviced. -Responsibilities:
1. Provides school health services as directed by the l Registered
Nurse and contracts.
2. Provides the clinical care necessary within the department,
including routine, special needs and emergency first aid. Maintains
appropriate student health records and documents services
3. Communicates with parents/guardians, school authorities, and
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Other duties as required. -Other information:
1. Experience in school setting is preferred.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Medical
Assisting or equivalent education/ training/experience.
2. Certification: Heartsaver AED and BLS certification is required.
Medical Assistant certification is preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: No experience necessary, new
graduates welcomed. 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None. -On Call -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: SCHOOL HEALTH
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Canton , School Medical Assistant- Float, Healthcare , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!