Mental Health Therapist NEXE - Mahoning Valley $5,000.00 Sign On Available
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Mon- Fri 10a-6pEvery Other Sat & Sun 7a - 3p
The Mental Health Therapist applies graduate-level clinical
counseling skills/social work to the psychosocial assessment of
children and/or adolescents, collaboratively with families, and
provides graduate-level clinical social work/counseling
interventions as appropriate to patient needs in the context of the
- Conducts initial patient and family psychosocial assessment,
and triages care accordingly.
- Communicates with staff regarding assessment, treatment and
interdisciplinary care plan through documentation, and meetings
such as patient rounds.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served.
- Ethical and timely completion of documentation as is expected
in the context of the department.
- Consistent use of evidenced based trauma and risk assessment
toolsPIRC Add On:
- Works in a fast-paced environment conducting risk assessments
and using crisis intervention skills as needed.
- Engages in consultation and collaboration with hospital and
community professionals and programs in order to develop and
communicate a crisis treatment plan for patients and families and
provides recommendations for follow-up. - -Other information:
- Experience working with electronic medical record software,
such as EPIC, is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office [Outlook, Word] or similar
software is required.Education and Experience
- Education: Masters' Degree in Social Work or Clinical Mental
Health Counseling is required.
- Certification: Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Independent
Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed
Professional Clinical Counselor required.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant
experience is preferred. -Part Time -FTE: 0.400000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH OTHER
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Canton , Mental Health Therapist NEXE - Mahoning Valley $5,000.00 Sign On Available, Healthcare , Canfield, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!