Medical Assistant: Surgery - $2,000 Sign on bonus offered
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full time, 40 hours/week8:00am-4:30pmOnsite$2,000 Sign on bonus
Summary:The Medical Assistant assists in delivering individual care
for a group of patients under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
1. The Medical Assistant actively interfaces with patients and
families of Akron Children's Hospital Pediatric offices.
2. Assists in patient / family education within their own
capabilities and under the direction of a licensed nurse.
3. Collects data that contributes to the assessment and evaluation
of individualized care and needs of assigned patients, including
discharge plans, under the direction of the licensed nurse.
4. Provides direct care (i.e.-vital signs, transporting to other
departments) or other care to patients according to Hospital policy
and procedure as delegated by and under the supervision of the
5. Accurately communicates patient findings and pertinent
information to the licensed nurse utilizing appropriate
communication/documentation processes (e.g. SBAR) and reports
patient complaints and/or signs of distress/pain promptly to the
nurse responsible for the patient.
6. Able to prioritize and execute tasks for the assigned patients
in a timely and efficient manner under the direction of the
7. Documentation of care within the EPIC system will be completed
in a precise, accurate manner abiding by established guidelines for
8. Follows safety policies and procedures in the delivery of care
to assure a safe environment for patients, families and other staff
9. Accurately collects, processes and submits laboratory specimens
and may perform phlebotomy.
10. Completes all assignments during scheduled working hours.
11. Participates in the educational offerings of the department
and/or nursing unit.
12. Medical Assistant may be temporarily assigned to an area
throughout Akron Children's Hospital, based on patient needs
requiring similar knowledge and skill.
13. Other duties as required. -Other information:
- Experience in phlebotomy is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in medical terminology is
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
or similar software is required.
- Experience working in electronic medical record (i.e. EPIC) or
similar software is preferred.
-Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant Program, or EMT
Program, or Paramedic Program required or must be a Medical
Assistant with certification.
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) training from the
American Heart Association is required;
- Phlebotomy certification is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum one (1) year of
experience is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None. -Full Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Canton , Medical Assistant: Surgery - $2,000 Sign on bonus offered, Healthcare , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!