Dentist/Part-Time or Full-Time/St. Mary's Correctional Center/WV
Company: Wexford Health Sources Inc
Location: Saint Marys
Posted on: November 25, 2022
General Dentistry opening in Saint Marys, West Virginia. This
and other dentist jobs brought to you by DentistJobCafe.com
Wexford Health Sources, the nation's leading innovative
correctional health care company, provides clients with experienced
management and technologically advanced services, combined with
programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two
decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing
expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy,
utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing,
and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue. This is for a Dentist
at St. Mary's Correctional Center.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the supervision of the Regional Dental Director, a Dentist
licensed in the state of West Virginia, responsible and accountable
for supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity
as well as for providing oral health care to patients such as
fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
1. Provides overall supervision of the dental departmentincluding
hiring, coaching, counseling, administering discipline and
termination of subordinate staff as needed.
2. Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all
3. Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as
4. Performs all general dentistry services including, but not
limited to restorative, surgical, periodontal, endodontic and
prosthodontic services as described by West Vriginia Health Service
5. Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for
prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene
program, completing appropriate records accurately and all
procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
6. Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed
on-site at facility.
7. Provides supervision of staff in instruction of offenders in
preventative practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
8. Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
9. Participate in staff development programs.
10. Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
11. Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
12. Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Regional
Dental Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
13. Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the
delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and
oversight to the dental staff and programs.
14. Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective
treatments according to priority and availability.
15. Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and
ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of
greater priority services.
16. Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms,
utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e.,
17. Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative
dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all
18. Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency
patients as soon as possible.
19. Ensures continuity of care.
20. Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
21. Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensure current copy is on
file in the Health Care Unit.
22. Must be CPR certified and skilled in recognizing the symptoms
of shock and fainting, and must be prepared to provide necessary
aid as directed during emergency procedures.
23. Responsible for dental office security to include instrument,
medicine and needle counts.
24. Responsible to ensure appropriate and quality orientation for
all newly hired dental staff.
25. Notifies the Wexford Health Staffing Department of vacant or
upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists
the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions.
26. Is familiar with overtime and commodities budgets and works to
remain within budget.
27. Notifies Regional Manager of staffing vacancies.
28. Obtains approval of Wexford Health and WVDOC administration
prior to exceeding staffing hours.
29. Strives to ensure 100% compliance of staffing hours.
30. Complies with and enforces Wexford Health/Facility Policy and
procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
31. Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
32. Receives direction from WVDOC personnel as appropriate,
including but not limited to Wardens, Assistant Wardens and
33. Maintains the confidentiality of inmaterecords.
34. Approaches change in a positive manner.
35. Accepts constructive criticism in stressful situations.Makes
suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical Director,
Health Services Administrator and Regional Manager.
36. Conforms to Wexford Health Sources and facility regulations as
appropriate, to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress Code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for PTO and education seminars
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard dental setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving
throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
- Current West Virginia Dental license
- Current DEA license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental
Medicine (DDM) degree
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must
be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during
- Correctional Experience Preferred.
- Supervisory Experience preferred.
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources Inc, Canton , Dentist/Part-Time or Full-Time/St. Mary's Correctional Center/WV, Healthcare , Saint Marys, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!