Mental Health Therapist - $5,000 Sign On Available! New Philadelphia and Perry ACHPs
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 24, 2022
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890,
and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by
U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional
health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care
locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy
families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our
health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient
encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the
hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our
Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home
visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for
students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care
Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here
for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at
akronchildrens.org (https://www.akronchildrens.org) .
* To treat every child as we would our own
* To treat others as they would like to be treated
* To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for
employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last
received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse
environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of
backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed,
included and can thrive.
New Philadelphia and Perry ACHPs
Full-time Variable Shifts
$2,500.00 Sign On Available
The Mental Health Therapist applies graduate-level clinical
counseling skills/social work to the psychosocial assessment of
children and/or adolescents, collaboratively with families, and
provides graduate-level clinical social work/counseling
interventions as appropriate to patient needs in the context of the
* Conducts initial patient and family psychosocial assessment, and
triages care accordingly.
* Communicates with staff regarding assessment, treatment and
interdisciplinary care plan through documentation, and meetings
such as patient rounds.
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety
needs of the patients served.
* Ethical and timely completion of documentation as is expected in
the context of the department.
* Consistent use of evidenced based trauma and risk assessment
Outpatient Add On:
* Complete Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) interventions in
additional to other clinical evidence-based treatment modalities to
assist patient and families in the completion of their
individualized service plans.
PHP/IOP Add On:
* Use of CBT and DBT (Dialectical Based Therapy) interventions
through individual, group, and family therapy, to support client in
achieving therapeutic goals.
PIRC Add On:
* Works in a fast-paced environment conducting risk assessments and
using crisis intervention skills as needed.
* Engages in consultation and collaboration with hospital and
community professionals and programs in order to develop and
communicate a crisis treatment plan for patients and families and
provides recommendations for follow-up.
* Experience working with electronic medical record software, such
as EPIC , is preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
* Education: Masters' Degree in Social Work or Clinical Mental
Health Counseling is required.
* Certification: Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Independent
Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed
Professional Clinical Counselor required.
* Years of relevant experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant
experience is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn
Position: ALLIED HEALTH OTHER
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Canton , Mental Health Therapist - $5,000 Sign On Available! New Philadelphia and Perry ACHPs, Healthcare , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!