RN - ICU- RN Loan Repayment Program Eligible
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 25, 2022
STATUS: FULL TIME (RF Status - 72 Hours/Pay Period)SHIFT
ROTATION: Rotating 0700-12/1900-12"Group A" Weekend and Holiday
Job Title: Cardiovascular ICU RN - RN Loan Repayment Program
EligibleThis position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment
ProgramCleveland Clinic is always creating new ways to support our
caregivers, because we believe in caring for you both personally
and professionally. We are proud to invite our registered nurses to
participate in our new student loan repayment program. This program
is available for select RN jobs at all U.S. Cleveland Clinic
The RN selected for this position will be eligible for tuition
reimbursement, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment as
a part of our many offerings to invest in your health, well-being
and future. Apply today and be comforted in knowing you have the
stability and security you need to practice amazing medicine while
moving forward in your career.Program Offering Overview
- For full-time nurses: up to $437.50 per month/lifetime maximum
program benefit of $15,750
- For part-time nurses: up to $218.75 per month/lifetime maximum
program benefit of $7,500
- Additional details may applyJob Profile Summary: Provides
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies,
procedures, and protocols of the healthcare
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness
and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant
others considering cultural differences and other special
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- Current state license as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire, RNS in Children's Hospital and
Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit RNs who much achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider
status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and
maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American
Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course completed within one year of employment if
employed on a unit, inpatient and/or outpatient, where chemo is
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year
of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course
(TNCC-adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC-pediatric)
upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, it they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, and
cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy
within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
- If in ICU, Stepdown, or Emergency Department NIH Stoke Scale
Certification will be completed at time of hire in
Orientation.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting preferred for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience preferred for SNF care
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience preferred for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience preferred for ED
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.Physical
- Requires full range of body motion including handing and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires stand and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Canton , RN - ICU- RN Loan Repayment Program Eligible, Healthcare , Dover, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!