RN First Assistant
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- Assesses patient pre- and post-operatively from phase II
anesthesia recovery thru discharge. Performs initial and ongoing
- Establishes a coordinated plan of care in collaboration with
the health care team.
- Monitors progress of hospitalized patient, assisting with
- Initiates CPR and other emergency measures as required.
- Focuses on cost-effective ways to maximize wellness, prevent
illness, disability and disease.
- Functions as a RN-first assist in tissue handling, providing
exposure, using instruments, suturing, providing hemostasis and
closing tissue and skin in operative setting.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Completion of Registered Nurse First Assist course
- Current state licensure and Registered Nurse (RN).
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) certification
required.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum three years current clinical experience in the
operating room or perioperative area.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of motion; manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Assists in the provision of surgical nursing
care and treatment to a specified group of patients.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Canton , RN First Assistant, Healthcare , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!