CARDIOVASCULAR SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST - SURGERY
Company: Memorial Health System
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Status: Full Time - 80 hours Hours: Varies as scheduled plus
call -In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the
Cardiovascular Surgical Technologist is responsible for performing
a wide variety of patient care activities in the operating room
scope of activities while supporting the medical and nursing plan
of care to patients. The Cardiovascular Surgical Technologist
handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during
the surgical procedure. The position has an understanding of the
procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon
while having the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality
patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on
vigil for maintenance of the sterile field. Exhibits the MHS
Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all
times. -Job Requirements:
- Current employees in a Surgical Technologist position are
Grandfathered as Surgical Technologists as of 3/28/2018
- New hires will need the following
- Completion of Surgical Technology program and certified as a
Surgical Technologist or 3 years' experience as a Surgical
- BLS certification required
- The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and
skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patients served on his/her unit Job Functions:
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
including scrubs, gowns and gloves.
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment,
and medications/solutions needed for procedure.
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the
operation and before incision is closed.
- Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants.
- Helps in draping sterile field.
- Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure.
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during
- Prepares sterile dressings.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of
- Assists in prepping room for the next patient.
- Obtains appropriate sterile and unsterile items needed for
- Opens sterile supplies.
- Properly cares for specimens.
- Secures dressings after incision closure.
- Maintains compliance in RQI.
- Participates in a call rotation within the Cardiovascular
Surgical Team which provides full coverage 365 days per year
despite the number of team members and maintains a response time of
30 minutes or less.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.#CB
Compensation Details: - Education, experience, and tenure may be
considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
- Minimum hiring rate for this position is listed below.Memorial
Health System is proud to offer an affordable, comprehensive
benefit package to all full time and flex time employees. - -Here
are some of the benefits offered:
- Medical Insurance - PPO & HDHP
- Dental and Vison Insurance
- Health Saving Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care
- Pension Plan - Defined Contribution
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay & Premium
- Shift Differential
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tuition Repayment
- Performance & Market Increases
- Relocation Package, if applicableThis position is patient
facing and/or requires close interaction with other employees, or
other factors that would compel mandatory vaccinations unless
otherwise approved for a medical or religious exemption. -Memorial
Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Memorial Health System, Canton , CARDIOVASCULAR SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST - SURGERY, Healthcare , Marietta, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!