RN Specialist Angio FT Days + Call
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator Radiology RN,
the RN Specialist Angiography is responsible for: a) participation
in direct patient care and assessment, b) educating patient, family
and staff, c) acting as a liaison between the Department of
Radiology and Department of Nursing, d) Universal precautions, and
e) Radiology precautions.
- Completes assessment of health status of patient scheduled to
undergo radiology procedures.
- Obtains pre-procedure lab information and a history related to
the chief complaint of the patient prior to angiography
- Notifies the responsible physician and technologists about
findings and concerns needing attention prior to, during, and
following the radiology procedure.
- Collaborates with radiologists, referring physicians and staff
members to provide optimal care of patients and families.
- Documents patient care.
- Provides conscious sedation and monitoring to patients
undergoing interventional procedures as specified by the hospital
conscious sedation policy and procedure.
- Administers medications to patients while in the Radiology
Department as needed.
- Injects contrast for IVP examinations and Kinevac for
- Assists radiologist in performing breast localizations, chain
cystograms and any other procedures as requested by the
- Monitors narcotic control for department.
- Monitors emergency resuscitation equipment in angiography suite
and diagnostic area.
- Provides pre and post radiology procedure education to patients
- Monitors quality assurance performance and infection control
practices for radiology.
- Participates on selected hospital committees.
- Serves as a liaison between patient, radiologist, and other
members of the health care team. Identifies problems or potential
problems and initiates appropriate action.
- Anticipates and exceeds the needs and expectations of
- Attends continuing education programs and completes mandatory
training in order to maintain licensure, position specific ongoing
competencies and professional growth.
- Follows hospital/system and department policies and procedures
with special attention to attendance and punctuality,
confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- BSN preferred.Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with current license to practice in Ohio.
Maintains current CPR certification and Advanced Cardiac Life
Support (ACLS).Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Strong communication skills.Work Experience:
- Critical Care preferred or strong neuro nursing
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Canton , RN Specialist Angio FT Days + Call, Healthcare , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!