Manager of Line Design
Company: Power System Engineering Inc
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Manager, Distribution Line Engineering and DesignExcellence
Through People! Take your career to the next level by working with
energetic, talented, and forward-thinking colleagues who share
common values and a mission of helping colleagues achieve their
goals. Work for a company that gives you a platform to do amazing
things.What We Are Looking For:Power System Engineering, Inc. (PSE)
is looking for a well-rounded individual to maximize client
relationships across all regions PSE serves and provide leadership
and mentorship to professional colleagues, including of direct and
indirect reports. More specifically, the Manager must support and
manage engineers and technicians in all regions PSE serves,
engaging in the engineering and design of power line facilities for
our clients.What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead a team of professionals and direct efforts in providing a
wide range of design and technical consulting services to PSE's
electric utility clients across all service regions.
- Direct, coordinate, and carry out electric distribution line
design services in accordance with industry standards and
established PSE guidelines, including but not limited to the
following: detailed field staking, staking sheet creation, pole
attachment reviews, permitting, mapping, bidding and procurement,
contract preparation, construction management, and support.
- Develop and analyze data for and work with a project team to
complete engineering and design processes to ensure that solutions
are achievable and technically sound.
- Perform financial analysis of proposed solutions using
parameters pertinent to the project and client.
- Work cooperatively with other PSE team members to improve our
efficiencies and work product.
- Employ strong project management and client and vendor
- Assist with providing appropriate levels of training and/or
identifying outside training opportunities to help develop
employees in skill development.
- Work with utility client management and staff to understand the
scope of work and any concerns.
- Be responsible for quality control and technical review of
projects and the work of others.
- Provide direct feedback to senior PSE management and carry out
- Work closely with PSE's Director of Line Engineering & Design
to provide overall leadership, guidance, and mentorship to all team
members and promote and advance a positive work environment
required of a successful professional engineering and consulting
- Actively participate in client projects via project manager,
engineer-in-charge, technical review person, or senior technical
support with the intent of maintaining a 60% utilization rate.
- Actively participate in strategic company planning discussions
and meetings to assist PSE's path to a successful future.
- Assist with budget preparations and projections with
recommendations for staffing changes, training needs, and equipment
- Represent PSE at industry conferences by presenting technical
topics and staffing exhibition booth.
- Assist with recruiting new team members who fit PSE's needs and
- Assist with the development of new service offerings that
provide benefits to both existing and prospective clients.
- Assist with development of proposals and cost estimates for new
- Assist with business development activities, including
marketing visits to prospective clients across all regions PSE
serves throughout the United States and Canada.
- Provide general leadership within the company by taking the
initiative and building effective teams and relationships among all
departments.What You Will Need:Education and Experience Associate
degree or Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, engineering, or
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in utility line
design, surveying, or relevant line construction work.
- The candidate must have specific experience leading and
directing a team of technical professionals and managing technical
- Previous experience in an engineering consulting role is
desirable.Knowledge and Skills
- The candidate shall be self-motivated and have experience in
distribution power system design and operations.
- Working knowledge of applicable RUS, NESC, IEEE, and ANSI
standards is highly preferred.
- Use effective communication skills (both written and oral), be
customer-driven, and display teamwork behavior.
- Process high level of interpersonal, problem-solving,
leadership, and organizational skills.
- Ability to achieve quality results, be change-oriented, foster
innovation, and be a continuous learner.
- Possess the ability to continually identify and recommend
process and system improvements to facilitate efficiencies.APPLY
NOWPeople.Power.FuturePower System Engineering is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran
status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Our
management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to
recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training,
compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment
during employment. PI214903563
Keywords: Power System Engineering Inc, Canton , Manager of Line Design, Executive , Marietta, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...