Distribution Center Operations Manager
Company: American Tire Distributors
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and
your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader?
Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's
premier tire distributor, ATD's coast-to-coast distribution network
provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada
with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom
wheels and shop supplies. -
Position Description: -The Distribution Center Supervisor monitors
and effectively oversees and supervises the daily routines and
specific tasks of assigned shifts and employees which may include a
focus area of either transportation and/or warehouse management.
The DC Supervisor directly manages warehouse and/or driver
associates. In addition the DC Supervisor partners with the
Distribution Excellence Manager to ensure the site is accomplishing
daily and weekly responsibilities to achieve goals in Safety,
compliance with all Company guidelines, policies and federal and
state regulation quality, on time and accurate delivery, cost,
while coaching and managing the talent of their team, In addition,
the DCS assists in deployment and Executes supply chain strategy
while ensuring continuous improvement is occurring at their
- Provide leadership and manage the day-to-day activities for
warehouse associates and/or delivery associates assigned to
- Provide spark/ignite onboarding and training for employees;
coach, motivate, and evaluate employees; investigate complaints or
performance concerns; implement disciplinary action as needed and
in consultation with human resources.
- Maintains staff by selecting, recruiting, training, and
mentoring employees for development growth.
- Performs daily huddles at the DC to ensure employees understand
work tasks expectations and deliverables along with, creating
engagement and building the iCare culture.
- Provides leadership support for the Distribution Excellence
Manager and adheres to ATD's quality standards, health and safety,
legal compliance, environmental policies, Standard Operating
Process deliverables, and general care of duty.Primary Warehouse
- Plans and leads all assigned warehouse activities with
management and administration to ensure accurate delivery of all
daily production goals.
- Manages warehouse associates, organizing the labor of
loading/unloading delivery trucks, operating fork lifts/industrial
equipment, picking material to fill orders, staging product for
loading, daily/weekly inventory control and proper shipment of
orders via third party carriers (LTL).
- Supervises and record via warehouse management system, the
receipt, storage and distribution of equipment, supplies and
specialty items in a centralized warehouse operation.
- Manages maintenance of assigned facility, product handling
equipment and inventory warehousing control systems.
- Champions safe working conditions and monitors employees to
ensure safe operation of equipment within the distribution
center.Transportation Function Responsibilities:
- Plans and leads transportation activities to ensure accurate
and efficient delivery and operation of company vehicles, adherence
to DOT regulations, and timely and accurate delivery of products to
improve service to internal and external customers.
- Reviews and implements work methods and procedures to increase
productivity and achieve effective routing using various monitoring
systems such as Traction and DesCartes
- Ensures compliance with pre-trip vehicle inspections, standard
procedures when arriving, unloading/loading departing, and
obtaining payments when delivering products at customer
- Collaborates with service providers to ensure the safe and
efficient operation of delivery vehicles responsible for the
maintenance of all company vehicles.
- Provides guidance and follow up as it pertains to Department of
Transportation regulations and driver compliance in accordance with
JJ Keller guidelines.
- Deliver an on time percentage (%) greater than 585%, Daily
execution of all DC quality processes such as Bin Counts and End of
Day Responsibilities, and achieve daily UPH performance goals,
- Champion of safe working conditions, safe driving procedures
and monitors employees to ensure safe operation of equipment within
the distribution center.Any other applicable duties and
responsibilities assigned by management.Direct Reports:
- Dependent on the size of the distribution center and the number
of routes the Distribution Center Supervisor may manage either, or
all, warehouse associates, delivery drivers/associates, and DC
Leads.Key Partners (Positions):
- Distribution Excellence Manager
- Distribution Center Leads
- Distribution Center Support Coordinator
- Hub and Spoke Leaders across the network
- Safety Leadership
- Transportation Leadership
- ATD Customers -Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Experience: - 2+ years of previous supervisory experience
(direct supervision of employees), experience in the receipt,
storage, and distribution of supplies or equipment is
- Education: A bachelor's degree from an accredited university is
- Previous experience in a continuous improvement based
environment is preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company,
in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.Key
- Ability to lead, motive, serve and inspire others.
- Shows a sense of respect, humility, and integrity at all
- Ability to motivate others to carry out assigned tasks; ability
to encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among
team; ability to implement and follow through with assigned
- A passion for customer satisfaction and world class
- The ability to set well-defined and realistic goals, display
initiative and commitment to meet goals and work with minimal
supervision; decision-making: make sound, well-informed and
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of
potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- The ability to recognize strengths and weaknesses of others and
provide daily feedback of observations to their team.
- Demonstrate respect: handle all business matters ethically and
in full compliance with American Tire Distributors "Code of
- Teamwork: work collaboratively with all departments to
coordinate an effective work environment.
- Be accountable for results: assume full responsibility for the
consequences of one's behavior, decisions, and results; knowledge
of product flow within a distribution environment.
- Familiarity with current materials, methods, tools and
equipment (including technology) used in distribution operations;
excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures, prepare various reporting via
excel and other similar tools.Physical Demands/Work
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands
and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time, travel throughout the
geographic area within the assigned region and will require
overnight stays. Travel to the Field Support Center and other
destinations will be required.This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the
employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to
follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other
job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to
reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates
a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees
hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and
the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time
for any reason or no reason at all.Build a challenging and
rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
1st Shift (United States of America)Job ID: R24191
Keywords: American Tire Distributors, Canton , Distribution Center Operations Manager, Executive , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...