Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Purpose: Responsible for leading all supply base
activities for specific set commodities. Essential Functions:
- Coordinate all commercial activities including contract
management/development, price negotiation, and claim
- Monitor and account for all purchase price variations
- Supplier performance
- Monitor and communicate performance metrics to suppliers on an
on-going and regular basis.
- Conduct variance analysis to determine trends in the data.
Manage the results, including updating measures, action plans, and
root cause analysis to achieve annual goals.
- Technical specifications
- Work as the liaison between engineering, quality and the supply
base to ensure that product meets the company's requirements.
- Provide feedback to Engineering on the critical aspects of the
specifications that act as major cost drivers. i.e. tolerances,
- Cost reduction
- Achieve cost reduction targets within the CM's individual scope
of responsibility. Focus will be on total cost not merely
- Work closely with VA/VE program manager to identify cost
reductions within assigned supply base.
- Strategy Development
- Incorporate trends such as market capacity, raw material market
prices, mergers, supplier stability, new entrants, and alliances
into strategy development. The CM must acquire a deep understanding
of market positioning, including market influence, value to
suppliers, and value to market.
- Anticipate and evaluate market and/or business changes.
Understand and take into account proper risk management.
- Solicit and utilize ideas and feedback for strategy development
from different levels and functional disciplines within the
- Effectively communicate and achieve buy-in for the strategic
direction of commodity purchases. Strategic thinking becomes
incorporated into day-to-day decision making.
- Develop and improve multi-department relationships with key
Hendrickson Trailer suppliers.
- New Product development
- Actively support product development by participating on focus
teams, using the supply base to generate cost reduction ideas, and
serving as partner with Engineering.
- Work to establish favorable agreements with suppliers from the
very inception of new products and concepts.
- Manage the PPAP approval process.
- All other duties as assigned. This is not a comprehensive list
of duties. Duties may change without notice in management's sole
discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is
free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to
terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree Minimum Qualifications
- Seven years' experience in Purchasing and/or Value analysis in
a multi- plant/ manufacturing environment.
- Competence using Microsoft office tools for analysis
- Strong negotiating skills demonstrated by a track record of
- Able to read and understand engineering blueprints
- Possess a good understanding of the supply base for the
appropriate commodities Physical Demands
- Frequent sitting, work at computer for extended periods of
time. Environmental Conditions
- Office setting
- Must be able to travel 25%, in office 75% Behavioral Traits
- Able to plan, prioritize and manage workload with
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills
- Provide proven ability to concisely summarize, present, and
discuss analysis and recommendations
- Project/team management skills will be critical Additional
Keywords: Hendrickson, Canton , Commodity Manager, Executive , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!