Continuous Improvement Project Manager
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Continuous Improvement Project ManagerPosition Summary This
position is responsible for leading Lean Manufacturing, Continuous
Improvement, and 6S initiatives at the facility level, providing
direction, support, and execution at the site. The overall
objective is to drive continuous improvement in the PCC Airfoils
Minerva, OH and Crooksville, OH facilities.Essential Functions:
- Identify and manage continuous improvement projects
- Create clear, concise project milestones and ensure the
necessary steps are taken to complete projects on time
- Function as a key member of the site leadership team.
- Work with facility operations leaders to drive Lean / CI
- Be a leader in communication to drive a culture of CI.
- Provide analysis of current state and recommendations for
- Maintain and communicate metrics which record successes and
- Coordinate 6S audits/auditors, manage and Present 6S results
and other engineering initiatives associated with continuous
- Develop and implement associate engagement techniques such as
Kaizen, 6S, and other similar programs or teams, harness the
intellectual energy of ALL associates to drive continuous
- Work with corporate and division resources to drive Lean, CI,
and 6S initiatives.
- As a result of the above activities and processes, execute
programs that result in measurable improvements in
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Significant experience with continuous improvement tools such
as kaizen, 5S, six sigma, and other such associate engagement and
process improvement techniques.
- Great analytical skills and ability to understand complex
- Proven leadership experience and ability to lead cross
functional teams through influence, not just in direct reporting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule as needed to
support a 24/7 operation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft
Project and related software.Desired Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in group/team
- Ability to present information and data in an understandable
and logical manner.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs.
- Proficiency in MinitabExperience & Education:
- Four-year degree in engineering, operations management, or
- Applicable academic and/or professional experience in
- Continuous Improvement knowledge and experience. Physical
Demands:Physical DemandsNot at
hr.3-6x hr.7-30 hr.> 30x hr.Squatting XBending XKneeling
XReaching XTwisting XSitting in a chair XStair Climbing XLadder
Climbing XOther climbing (type) XWalking of rough surfaces XNear
moving machinery XAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Must be
eligible to work in the US without sponsorshipVisit us at
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Canton , Continuous Improvement Project Manager, Executive , Minerva, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!