Ceramic Process Engineer
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: November 14, 2023
The Ceramic Process Engineer will be responsible for the
development and installation of new process for the manufacturing
plant. They will provide support to process through transition to
manufacturing and will support customer technical service. Provide
leadership, engineering expertise, and excellence to the Operations
and Maintenance teams in support of Safety, Quality, Productivity,
Delivery, and Organizational Development initiatives.
- Participate in new product introduction project with
cross-functional teams and external validation partners.
Responsibilities include voice of customer and customer requirement
determination, feasibility testing, prototyping, gauge development,
pilot testing, cost analysis and scale up to manufacturing.
- Apply project management skills in planning, budgeting, time
management, resource allocation, and risk management.
- Lead identification, mitigation, and elimination of safety
- Establish, update, and maintain production procedures,
maintenance procedures, process/product control, and test
- Drive continuous improvement in areas of safety, product
quality, product delivery, and product cost.
- Reduce product lead time via the implementation of Lean
- Facilitate problem solving (root cause analysis) with
corrective action through collaboration with Operations,
Maintenance, and other support organizations.
- Apply Six Sigma methodology, statistical, surface and materials
characterization tools for process improvement, failure analysis
- Collect and analyze process and production data to identify
trends and ensure process stability.
- Ensure quality through analysis of incoming raw materials,
process reliability, in-process testing, and final product
- Drive resolution of customer claims and reduce repeat claims to
improve the total customer experience. Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Process Engineering in a
- Experience with the design and function of ceramic forming
processes including dry pressing, slip casting, pressure casting,
filter pressing, extrusion and ram pressing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Material Science
Engineering , or similar.
- Experience in statistical design and analysis of experimental
data including design of experiment, hypothesis testing and Gage
- Ability to collaborate with manufacturing, supplier, and
customer to accomplish project objectives on time and within
- Experience working with statistical software such as
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Canton , Ceramic Process Engineer, Engineering , Richmond, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!