Principal Process Engineer - Automation
Company: Ethical Search Professionals, Ltd.
Posted on: May 24, 2023
To provide technical direction, analysis, assistance, and
project management to support the implementation of initiatives
requiring a high level of -process automation. - Technical
expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support continuous
improvement activities at existing manufacturing facilities and new
plant start-ups around the world. -Job Responsibilities:
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT -- Knowledgeable in automated assembly,
robotic handling, vision based detection/measurement and process
control. Provide design guidance and technical specification for
system integration. Make technical recommendations for
manufacturing solutions throughout the global business. Maintain
strong technical relationships with peers and vendors.
- TECHNICAL STRATEGY -- Develop and propose tactics in support of
overall global manufacturing strategy.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - - Develop and implement investment proposals
to support Corporate's business initiatives. This includes business
case development, submission of Appropriation Requests (AR's),
forecasting expenditure, cost tracking and timely completion of
projects within the approved budget.
- SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT -- Specify and select technology for new
processes or equipment upgrades, guide system development /
installation and deliver total process documentation to the
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT -- Utilize project management tools for key
departmental projects including project and resource planning, and
implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely
- MANUFACTURING CI - - Support continuous improvement projects
throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes
to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance
safety, etc. Analyze / benchmark alternatives and conduct cost
comparisons. Work with manufacturing plant identify opportunities
and provide recommendations.
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION - - Develop deployment plans for
newly developed processes in conjunction with Advance Process
Technology teams and Manufacturing as needed.
- TRAVEL - - International and domestic travel is required and
averages 25% of the time throughout the year. -Technical/Functional
- Broad based understanding of manufacturing operations including
quality systems/requirements, shop floor information systems, lean,
- Demonstrated experience -and adequate understanding of process
assembly, inspection, metrology, electrical / machine controls,
automation, tool design
- Strong engineering and analytical ability, including root cause
problem solving, capability studies, process modeling, cost
- Ability to transfer engineering and process knowledge into shop
- Project management capabilities with good communication skills
and demonstrated ability to drive timely completion of
- General knowledge of bearing industry (tapered, spherical,
cylindrical, or ball)
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a
minimum of 10 -years of experience or Master's degree in
Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of -7 -years of
experience in manufacturing -or -process development.
- Requirement is for the associate to be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S.
Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted
data. All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according
to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and
other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to
gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military
status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Ethical Search Professionals, Ltd., Canton , Principal Process Engineer - Automation, Engineering , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...