Class A Truck Mechanic
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job ID: 454600The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically
integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and
paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to
quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and
environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly
Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality
and for our commitment to safety. Position Overview Repairs and
maintains machinery and equipment under direction of shop
supervisor. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the
- Required to provide your own basic hand tools; company will
provide certain specialty tools
- Can cut and weld.
- Drives a mechanics truck to various job sites and plants to
repair machinery and equipment
- Has the knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems on Class
A on-road trucks.
- Has ability to multi-task and prioritize work tasks.
- Can work extended, and at times, erratic hours.
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set
forth by the US Department of Transportation.
- Can effectively problem solve.
- Must be self-motivated and able to plan for Future needs.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of diagnostic
- Examines equipment and discusses with Shop Manager the nature
and extent of damage or malfunction.
- Plans work procedure and/or possible solutions such as part
redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of
parts or subassemblies.
- Raises equipment, with hydraulic jack, hoist or crane, to gain
access to mechanical units bolted to underside of equipment.
- Removes units or pieces such as engines, transmissions, drums,
- Repairs or replaces parts such as drums, seals, buckets,
hydraulic pumps, electric motors, valves, pistons, rods, gears,
- Rebuilds parts such as crankshafts, cylinder blocks and valves.
Rewires ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Replaces and adjusts headlights, and install and repairs
accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield
- Drains fluids and oil, ensuring proper procedures for
containment and/or disposal.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical
components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment
and machinery, power equipment.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components
under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for
improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data
for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Required to keep and maintain a clean and safe work
environment, shops, mechanics truck etc.Other Requirements:
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the
designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as
outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance
for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held
accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education
and Experience One year certificate from college or technical
school; or three to six months related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language
Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of
organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and
percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Physical Requirements The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift
and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth
perception. Work Environment While performing the duties of this
job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and
in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet,
humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The
employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in
the work environment is usually very loud and may require
protective equipment. The statements included in this job
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the
job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for
this job are subject to modification by the Company and its
designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRH AmericasCRH Americas has
a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH
Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH Americas is a great
place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite
you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your
online application and profile which will be sent directly to the
appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH
Americas family!The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know
more, please click on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Canton , Class A Truck Mechanic, Engineering , Canton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!