Chief Marketing Officer
Company: Find Great People - FGP
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The organization is a rapidly growing, privately held and
diversified company. Established over 35 years ago, the company has
grown to include 10 different operating companies in the industries
of manufacturing, engineering, professional services, real estate,
and retail. Today, the company employs over 500 associates and
generates revenues north of $150M annually. The company continues
its impressive track record of growth both organically and via
The company is headquartered in a southeastern Ohio city that was
the first permanent settlement in the Northwest Territory. The city
was established in 1788 by a band of entrepreneurs, veterans of the
American Revolution, and pioneers in education, medicine, business
and social reform. Today, the city offers beautiful parks, two
rivers, 19th century architecture, brick streets, historical
landmarks and museums to its residents and visitors with a robust
downtown alive with shops, restaurants, and businesses.
Position Summary:The CMO will oversee all company marketing,
assisting operating company leaders in the development and
execution of their marketing strategy and vision. Reporting
directly to the President & CEO, the successful candidate can
balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen and
lead people through complex marketing operations. The CMO will
manage a corporate team of 10 through one direct report with dotted
line reports from the operating companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Brand Management and Communication
- Lead company's brand communications and messaging strategy and
- Assist in developing the value proposition for the operating
companies and create foundational content to communicate this
message in an engaging and inspiring way.
- Prioritize the customer and their experience to build an
authentic brand and create better, more individualized marketing
tailored to the customer. This includes owning the brand messaging
as it relates to attracting the best talent in the
- Increase engagement and build a community around marketing
- Consult regularly with the senior and executive team to
thoroughly understand the marketing needs to successfully deliver
against the organization's vision, long term strategy, and annual
- Plans, organizes, and represents the company at trade shows and
- Develop online/offline marketing communications campaigns to
target specific customers segments and drive improved lead
generation, resulting in increased sales.
- Actively seek creative ways to secure new and profitable
business through brand awareness, new customer relationships,
expanding on existing relationships, development of partnerships,
or other marketing strategies.
- Identify new markets that will allow us to continue to grow the
business in both traditional and nontraditional ways.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the customer, including
their needs, expectations, and behaviors at every stage of the
customer journey. Anticipate customer needs and behaviors.
- Listen to clients and utilize technology to scale the listening
process. Then translate the information into specific strategies
and action items.
- Develop, deliver, and communicate value propositions to
- Marry data with creativity to find new ways to engage,
entertain, and delight customers.
- Lead market research, VOC, data analysis, results orientation,
and the regular use of metrics in daily management.
- Optimize marketing expertise and leverage best practice
models/processes, tools, technology, and partners to drive
marketing decisions and the client experience.
- Use analytics to create value for internal customers and to
clearly communicate the impact that various marketing programs are
- Continuously acquire new knowledge and share intelligence
across the organization. Actively research new channels, platforms,
processes, technical innovations, etc.
- Use data and analytics tools to gather real-time insights to
inform marketing strategies and programs. Synthesize and turn those
data points into actionable insights and stories that will resonate
with the business. Then take that data to drive the necessary
changes internally to provide greater value and better experiences
to both internal and external customers.
- Create clear metrics and a marketing performance scorecard
within the marketing function and to other internal customers.
- Thoroughly and proactively lead the organization toward its
strategic goals through marketing efforts.
- Develop, plan, and execute marketing strategies based on market
knowledge, experience, and client feedback. Provide that
information to cross-functional teams to ensure our products align
with our customers' needs.
- Analyze market trends, research competition, review company
data, identify opportunities for growth, and define evolving
organization-wide standards and goals. Develop strategies to shift
with market and customer changes.
- Develop marketing plans to support the overall company strategy
and build adoption and followership from stakeholders by clearly
articulating optimistic expectations for the future and defining
the importance of each person's involvement in the marketing
- Demonstrate a visionary and open mindset in search of new
strategies for providing innovative marketing solutions to tell the
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in
marketing, communications, public relations or related field. MBA
- Seven years of proven experience as a marketing leader.
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and
business plans for all marketing aspects.
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital and
- Further, the CMO should possess knowledge in all related
disciplines including Digital Marketing.
- The ideal candidate will be a bright, energetic self-starter
with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Keywords: Find Great People - FGP, Canton , Chief Marketing Officer, Advertising , Marietta, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!